The Concept 2 rowing machine offers a wide range of features that make it among the best-selling indoor rowers in the world. Not only will this rower give you a great cardiovascular workout, it will also improve your muscle tone and overall fitness level.
This is the same machine used by Olympic athletes during their training sessions, so you know that it’s durable and that its performance is nothing short of perfect. In this review, we’ll take a look at the machine’s features and how it performs.
Concept 2 Model D at a Glance
- Total Body Workout: A sliding seat allows you to experience full range of motion and a total body workout.
- Flywheel Design: The rower’s flywheel design reduces noise and allows for smooth movement.
- Comfortable: Ergonomic handles allow for a natural position, and adjustable footrests easily accommodate users of all shoe sizes.
- Smart Design: The Model D features a 14-inch seat height, a PM3 monitor and a nickel-plated chain.
- Easy to Store: The rower separates into two pieces for easy storage. Castor wheels and a quick-release frame lock make the Concept very portable.
- High Weight Capacity: With a 500-pound weight capacity, this rower can accommodate a wide range of users.
- Warranty: The Model D comes with a 5-year frame warranty.
Features and Performance
Some of the Concept 2’s key features include:
Flywheel and Damper
The flywheel design of the rower keeps you in control of your resistance and your exertion at all times. Rowers that use air resistance (or a flywheel design) are preferred by serious rowers because it mimics the action of rowing out on the open water. The quicker you row, the stronger the resistance.
The rower’s damper also allows you to adjust the flywheel’s airflow. Adjusting the airflow will change the way your strokes feel, so you can find an airflow setting that suits your own personal preference.
As an added bonus, the flywheel design reduces noise while you’re rowing and allows for a smooth feel.
The Concept 2 Model D comes with a performance monitor that you could only expect with a high-end rower. It allows you to track data, play games, have races and track your heart rate. When you purchase this machine, you also have the option of choosing between the PM3 or PM4 performance monitors.
Track the distance, pace, speed, watts and calories for each workout session. Play games to keep yourself motivated and encourage you to push harder. The performance monitor also allows you to compete against teammates and wirelessly connect with up to eight other machines. If you have the equipment, you can also monitor your heart rate. With an adjustable arm, you can position the monitor however you want.
Easy Storage and Portability
The portability and storage capabilities of this rower make it an excellent choice for those who do not have a dedicated workout room.
This rower features a quick-release mechanism that allows you to separate the machine into two parts. No tools are required to use the quick-release feature, so you can quickly and easily store the rower in a closet or the corner of a room. The castor wheels on the front of the machine make it even easier to move the rower into position.
- Uses air resistance
- Durable, high quality construction
- Used by Olympic athletes and serious rowers
- Easy to store
- Advanced performance monitor for motivation and progression tracking
The Concept 2 offers you a rowing experience that’s as close to the real thing as you can get. If you’re a serious rower or looking for a machine that will provide with a total body workout, the Concept 2 is the best of the best.