The ProForm 440R Rower brings together affordability, comfort and technology for a near perfect rower for your home. A small design is seen as well allowing for easy storage and space savings all while being able to get an adequate cardiovascular workout.
Before we delve into our ProForm 440R Rower review, let’s take a look at some of the rower’s most prominent features.
ProForm 440R Rower at a Glance
- Resistance: Define your muscles and build strength with 8 resistance levels that are designed to push you to maximum performance.
- Pivoting Pedal: A pivoting pedal with straps allow for the utmost in comfort.
- Ergonomic Handle: A soft, non-slip handle allows for less fatigue and ensures comfort.
- LCD Monitor: Monitor calories burned, stroke statistics, distance and more on the LCD monitor.
- Storage Friendly: Free up space by folding the 440R and putting it away in the closet.
- Warranty: 5-year frame and 90-day parts warranty is included.
Features and Performance
There is a lot to like about this ProForm model and the specifications are just the beginning. Once you start rowing, you will notice just how effective and easy to use the 440R truly is.
Upon rowing, you will notice that the handle is designed to make this rower a 2-in-1 machine. Not only can you row to your heart’s content, you can stand up and use the low pulley system for bicep curls, standing rows or other exercises.
Right under the LCD display is a red adjustment knob that allows you to adjust the resistance levels with ease. There are 8 levels of resistance that range from very easy to extremely hard.
Comfort is seen within every facet of the 440R. Users are greeted with:
- An ergonomic soft handle
- An ergonomic seat that is adjustable
- Pivoting foot pedals that come with tightening straps
Adjustments are very easy to make and will allow you to comfortably row without aches or pains.
The monitoring system allows you to see strokes, calories burned, time, distance and other features. At eye level, you will find the monitor as a way to motivate you throughout your workout to push harder and faster.
This model is easily folded. While heavy, there are transport wheels present that allow you to tilt back the rower and easily transport it to your desired location. If you are in a smaller home, this is definitely a part of the design that you will like.
- Quiet, inertia-enhanced flywheel
- Smooth rowing experience
- Great overall resistance
- Space saving design
- Very comfortable
- Foot straps are big
- A weight capacity of 250 pounds is seen
- A little heavy at 70 pounds
The ProForm 440R Rower is the ideal choice for a moderately priced rower that is durable and comfortable. While the straps are a bit large and anyone over 250 pounds shouldn’t use this rower, its great features more than make up for its faults. With an easy assembly, quiet rowing experience and priced just right, this model gets our seal of approval.